A musical tribute

Thankful to my parents for sending me to piano classes.
Really. I won't be who I am without them, and without music.
I'm not a fantastic pianist, but I play from my heart!
Sincere music touches the soul more than perfect music.
As I learn more, I enjoy it more, and I'm blessed to pass on the knowledge and the love!
From the memories of Tedd Joselson

Violinist Issac Stern (1920-2001)


A homey grandfather who taught one how to stand on one's own two feet.
"Be strong, be your own guy."


(one of my favourite pieces! and look how at ease he was playing it!)


Polish-American pianist Arthur Rubinstein (1887-1982)


When asked what he thought about Chopin's A flat Polonaise, he said,
" I don't think he should have written it."
(Although this was the piece that made Rubinstein's performances most memorable.

He added, "I'm so sick of it."


(beautiful! Amazing!)


Austrain conductor Herbert von Karajan (1908-1989)


At 1am, "Come on, let's raid the refrigerator."


( the audience joined in the fun here! and in perfect time to the music!
his expression is priceless, and his fingers are like that of a magician)



Hugarian conductor Eugene Ormandy (1899-1985)

On his 75th birthday, a 20s something photographer (NYT) came to take his picture and said
"I hope I will be around to take your 100th birthday picture."

Eugene replied:" I don't see why not, you look perfectly healthy to me."


This was featured in a movie. How cool is that? Vintage footage!


Russian pianist Vladimir Horowitz (1903-1989)

It would be snowing outside, and he would say "What a lovely spring day."

After midnight, he would come downstairs after midnight and say in French:
"I can't play the piano anymore."
Then from 1am-7am, he would play Sciabin, Rachmaninoff, etudes, anything.


If you managed to get here, congratulations!
here's a little funny treat for you!
It's ROFL funny!



Comments

Popular Posts