Extraordinary


In these last minutes to 2011, I give thanks to all that have happened in this year.

Much has happened in this eventful year which passed all too quickly.. In Singapore alone, the elections that woke up fellows Singaporean, the floods that gave a good washing, the trains that suddenly came to a stop... Wa....

For me, this was a momentous year. I finally completed my piano Diploma!!! So elated that when I received the results I was literally jumping with joy, and shedding tears of joy. Why? you might ask. This was one of the most draining examinations ever. 4 years of university degree is a testing of stamina, which seemed surprisingly manageable. But this is like a long drawn out race of failures. For 4 years, I failed again and again. Not surprising when you consider the passing rate to be 7% each round. To harbour hopes only to have them dashed in your face is a very cruel card fate could deal, especially when there is a timeline one has to pass within. It was a roller coaster of emotions that put you at the highest of ability only to pull you down into the throes of failures.

But, I did it!!!! =))))

Secondly, I finished my RAD course, and am now a fully certified! A denigrating start have sliced the self-worth of lesser men, and reduce everyone to stressed and unfriendly persons. It has taught me the importance of a teacher, and the very important influence he/she has on the students. Happy, kind, devoted teachers makes for similar students really. I'm thankful for all that I have learnt on the course and for what the future holds because of this. Come to think of it, I nearly didn't enrol in the cost due to naysayers, but I maintained and held on. Thank goodness, for a whole new world has and will open up!

For the coming year, (and we wonder if it will be the last?!? Movie prophecies?!?), there will be new doors, new areas, new friends, new opportunities.. May the past watch over us, and give us strength for the new year to come. May families and friends be blessed with health, happiness and peace! Thank you for a good 2011!

Extraordinary things happen to extraordinary people

Comments

Popular Posts