Land of Kimchi Day 4A

I'm backkkk!!!!


And bringing you to Jeju Island! for a submarine ride!
It was my first submarine ride, so we were kinda excited.


We boarded a boat to the submarine docking port, 
was a little queasy then as the waters were pretty choppy.



Then we alighted at the dock, which was basically this metallic standing platform anchored near some rocks, where we transfer to the submarine..


and I can safely say that despite how massive that platform is, we still felt the bobbling motion, 
but it was way better than the boat.
 

And silly us, we alighted first to remove ourselves from the boat, 
and were first down into the submarine...
and it was really really really bobbling away.
If a metal boat could rock, 
think how much more wobbly a rubber float could be. 
And we were trapped in that rubber float for about 30min while everyone descended. 
And that, felt like forever, when you stomach is twisting around your intestine and squeezing all the bile into your gullet.


It is pretty claustrophobic to my way of thinking, cos there's  no way out!!!
I was feeling so so miserable inside the capsule,
Feeling totally seasick, and yet I can't break open any windows or swim myself out of this totally miserable situation.
Even typing this now, brings me all the way back to that terrible feeling.
And this is all we saw...

..............
-_-

It was murky water most of the time, as the water was choppy, and the sea bed was pretty much harassed into kicking up a sandy mess.
But at least we were under water, and not bobbling like a ball.

Then the "show" began, 
when the diver went down to feed food to the fishes


And that poor chap has to do that every single time the submarine goes down, can u imagine?
He's literally soaked in salt water the entire time, his fingers and toes must look like shrivelled prunes.


We couldn't wait to escape from the submarine after,
and like sulky little kids, we refused to board the ferry first.
we are definitely getting smarter... bleah.
On the way back, I felt like a piece of ooze... and I witnessed people oozing all over the ship
Even the most hardened sailors amongst us said they felt quite terrible too, even if they didn't merlioned and did Singapore proud.
Well, I did do Singapore proud.
I merlioned! 
Burp!


Felt so much better after.
After the choppy sea in a yellow submarine, our tour guide treats us to dragon candy, which instantly perked me up =)
He actually went down the submarine with us, where no other tour guides ventured. 
Brave soul with braver stomach! Kudos!



Comments

Popular Posts