Okonomiyaki

Yeah Comex is here! Hee, but I don't have to go. Thank goodness. But I've the loots to up my computer!

Here's a happy face to share! Our home-made Okonomiyaki (お好み焼き), or Japanese pancake.

I've always wanted to do a cooking post, but busy me never got near the kitchen often enough to cook something respectable. 

Then, I saw the flour at Daiso and just got to try it out, (with mom's supervision of course! Well, truth be old, I think she did more than me... ops =P ). But, it was really really easy! Coming from me, that is a huge statement. 

Best of all, you can throw in a dash of your favourite ingredients. I like to add"
-huge amounts of white cabbage (try the Cameron Highland ones for the extra crunch)
-carrot
-hot dog
-crab meat
-and my secret ingredient... cheese! I love to overlay the pancake with cheese when it's just hot from the pan, and let it melt... and ooze... Haha! 
- Sprinkle it with seaweed slices, bonito flakes, mayonnaise and okonomiyaki sauce

Word of caution: 
Do not use Happy Call, the texture taste different and drier. Best to stick to the small round pan (with a dash of butter) to give you a nice edible shape.

One pack of Daiso flour can feed about 4-8 pax. But it is quite overwhelming to eat only Okonomiyaki for dinner, so it's best to have it as a finger food, 8 pax portion is greatly recommended. 

The Daiso flour appears to be seasonal (sometimes they don't have it at all), so do grab a few packs if you are really a fan. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts